Turbo problems

justin ivan vlkslvr at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 13:01:50 GMT 2000

I have a question regarding a BOSCH Digifant car that I have turbo'd.  Upon
startup the car idles fine. Regular O2 based AFR meter rapidly cycles from
rich to lean and everything seems normal. After the car warmed up I took it
out and tried some hard acceleration runs. Car behaved pretty well, that is
didn't see any rich or lean spots that were worrisome. After 5-6 pulls I let
the car idle down to cool the turbo. At this point the car started running
real rich, (Blowing black smoke) and rough. I pulled the plugs and they were
completely black. I am running Bosch Platinum WD-6 plugs.
My question is: Do you think this is a problem with the EFI set-up or is
something wrong with the car (ie sensor bad, bad coil or plugs?)
I understand that once the plugs start to foul then the condition is just
going to get worse and worse in a never ending loop.
Is this something that I could remedy by changing the heat range on the
plugs?
Thanks in advance for any info.
Justin