Turbo problems

Chad chad at dynojet.com
Tue May 16 14:54:26 GMT 2000

I've seen this happen a couple of times, both times I was either messing
with the O2 sensor signal or the MAP sensor.  I noticed that the ecu's I
was working with would use the last cruise conditions to determine the next
idle conditions.  If I would cause the O2 sensor to read too lean at cruise
(fooling the ecu to run richer), the next idle would be filthy rich.  Same
case for a MAP sensor I was playing with, except in reverse, it would use
the last idle as the next cruise conditions.  Maybe you're seeing signs of
a worn out O2 sensor?