easy anti-lag

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Fri May 26 00:28:13 GMT 2000

> A Syclone in Sweden? Or a Swede in a Syclone?

Both :)

Bought over there by a swede, the licence plate was then SWEDE !
Imported to sweden by him and then bought by my friend. Check the site
http://syclone.tsx.org

> Thanks, I would probably just put an adjustable orifice on it and
> turn it on or off with that previously mentioned pressure switch.

Yupp, probably want the full flow anyway.

> So by controlling the miss to ignite ratio, you control the
> intensity of the anti-lag, I am theorizing. I would guess that
> too many ignites would allow rpm to go up though, if used in a
> drag type system. I guess you could use an rpm switch to cut fuel
> a little higher than the ignition limit set point to control rpm.

I don't think that the fuel cut part will work, cut a few more sparks
instead. On a drag race app only use the MSD rev limiter (or of course any
other soft rev limiter) and optionally the retard.

> So 'pic' me.
>
> Like I said, I'm new to this stuff. JK flip flop?

A PIC microcontroller, www.microchip.com, very easy to work with. The JK
flip flop is a logic circuit that in the mentioned Toggle mode toggles
output from 1 to 0 to 1 and so on every time it get a signal on the in pin.
The Microcontroller is a lot easier to work with. But it is still a lot to
learn, only retarding the ignition is probably enough for cornering.

Jörgen