Underhood Temperatures

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri May 26 03:22:26 GMT 2000

Is the problem caused by leaky injectors?  No, not that I've seen.
Is it caused by design faults?  Well...  That requires more knowledge
about the design process than I have.

As a tech, my goal is not necessarily to ferret through the myriad
"whys" behind a system's design, but to understand what is
malfunctioning, and why, then find a "good fix".
Ford 8 cyl pfi trucks that vaporlock have fuel rails close to the
intake manifold.  Put a trailer behind the truck on a dry 100 degree
day, travel down the highway for 40 miles, and the rails get hot
enough to burn skin.  Adding extra line to the return side and
clamping it to the frame rail opposite the exhaust is a good fix.
Shannen