Tuning advice sought -

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun May 28 13:09:48 GMT 2000

> If your KR max is 12 then you won't hear any knock till you exceed that.
>  Bit if the max is say 18 then you will have to exceed even that to hear any
>  audible knock.  Also remembering not all knock is audible
>  Grumpy

<boom-clank-snap>  Everything on this truck is tough to work on.  I think
the MSD6a was causing most of my knock problems.  Making no other
changes, the KR went from 12deg+ to 2-4 during boost spikes after gear
changes.  ISomething went wrong with it I guess...
 I still have no idea what's with the slightly low O2 numbers, but it's
running well.  Now I just have to work on the waste gate code to make it
react faster.  I'm spiking from 19psi to 24 during gear changes.  It's
interesting
that you can make it reduce boost whan a knock retard threshold is reached.
I just doesn't react fast enough..
Mike V