Wow!

Neil Bradley neil at synthcom.com
Wed May 31 21:12:33 GMT 2000

> You've got a pretty ambitious project outlined.  As far as the 1949
> driver circuit, that's what the efi332 project is using, you might want
> to check out the design/schematics for it.

Yep. Been checking that out quite a bit, actually. It's quite the
educational tool!

> pulsewidth, I don't think you'd ever see one as short as .25 ms, seems
> like 1ms is the shortest ever discussed on the list, that's for P&H,
> saturated is longer.

I noticed that the Haltech system only allows granularity of 250 us. I
would think that 8 bits or 256 possible settings of roughly 64ms total
would be sufficient, wouldn't you think?

> I'd be interested in your experiences with the knock chip.

I'll let you know what I find.

> Also I guess I'd suggest that if you're in the brainstorming part of the
> project now, that you have a look at the efi332 project.  Lots of
> pieces, like the CPU section, I/O section, drivers, debug boards, etc.
> are already designed.  The WWW page is www.diy-efi.org/efi332

I've been referencing it on and off and it seems to be a good starting
point. Seeing a working implementation of the 1949 is quite useful. Now
I've just got to get something to sense my crank angle sensor and turn it
in to a digial signal so I can wire it to the interrupt...

-->Neil

Neil Bradley            "Devo was exquisitely stupid. But we knew we were being
Synthcom Systems, Inc. 	 stupid, whereas a lot of people are stupid and don't
ICQ # 29402898           realize it." - Gerald Casale - DEVO Cofounder