EGOR future...was(Autronic Questions)

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Thu Nov 2 05:10:49 GMT 2000

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000 20:10:13 -0600, "Jurgen Hartwig"
<jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com> wrote:

>So does this mean prices are gonna go up?  I believe I was quoted
>prices around $600, but that is off the top of my head.  I'm sorry to
>hear about your situation.  I was really hoping to be able to get the
>EGOR module to help my tuning.
>
>So... who is carrying the torch for cheap EGOR?  I have no clue about
>designing a system, but I have ben franklins in my pocket to pay for
>one.
>
>regards
>Jay

Wow, did you *read* what I just posted? Ever? Sigh. Whimper. The price
was NEVER even near $600, it was $379 for the meter and $219 for the
module/interface. I spose if you add in the $200 for the sensor (the
price from Honda recently doubled, up from $90+...did you see that
post?) you could say it "woulda been" $600, but that's pretty
misleading; until Honda raised their prices, even the entire combo of
meter and sensor was under $500. It's also been repeated ad nauseum that
the user was going to have to buy his own sensor directly from Honda, so
you most certainly never saw a figure near $600 from me. Oh well, nuthin
new; nobody listens to lil ole me. :)

And NO the price isn't "going up". There's going to be a new, more
powerful, really commercial instrument we'll still call "EGOR", and we
don't know yet what it will be priced at, but it's unlikely it will be
as cheap as the original EGORmeter. "DIY" guys will more likely opt for
involvement in Bruce's project, now that it's been disclosed.

The gist of my post earlier today, was that there won't be any more
"cheap EGORs"; that early model was to fill the need & price-point for
what was once originally to be a DIY AFR meter. Now that Bruce & chums
have a DIY project working, there isn't any more responsibility for me
to keep to the original plan to supply y'all with "cheap EGORs". I
assumed that responsibility when the project was forced to go from DIY
to commercial; but with Bruce's recent announcement I no longer need to
carry that burden. BTW the "EGOR" name is being trademarked, so if you
want to call it somethin, might wanna call it "DIY UEGO" like Bruce has,
or "cheap UEGO" to save confusion. And if you'd payed attention to what
I just posted, or to prior list traffic, you'd know that Bruce & co
recently announced (during the EFI POW WOW) that they had a working DIY
UEGO design, so *you* won't likely need to know anything about
"designing a system". But the onus is now on Bruce & co to deliver the
DIY design. I'm off the hook, in either case now. I feel a great weight
has been lifted. :)  Thanks, Bruce.

And if he doesn't mind others making multiples for commercial sale from
the design, well maybe there will still be a taker of your 'ben
franklins'. But it ain't me, babe.

So come on yous guys, don't make me have to post a bunch of
clarifications, simply repeating what I just posted. Eh?

Gar