Daytona Fault Codes

Don Burns donburns at macconnect.com
Fri Nov 3 01:50:54 GMT 2000

>IIRC, shutting off the key while the engine is flashing the codes will
>do it.
>Shannen
>
>Will McGonegal wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the help with fault code 45.
>>
>> Is anyone aware of how to reset the stored fault codes without
>>disconnecting the
>> battery?  I'd like to anything else the FI computer learned to not be
>>erased.
>> Does anyone have info on how I can get/build a scanner to read any real time
>> data that may be accessed while the engine is running?
>>
>> Thanks again!

>>computer is indicating > > a fault code of 45.
>> >
>> > The book I have says:
>> >
>> > "Overboost shut-off circuit on MAP sensor reading aboove overboost
>> > limit detected"  or "overdrive solenoid (A-500 or A-518 auto trans)"
>> >
>> > Scot Sealander
>>
>> > Book says: 45  Overboost shut-off circuit on MAP  sensor reading
>> > above overboost limit detected
>> >
>> > Gerald

Hi Shannen:
I'm Carol, Don's wife.  Don waqnted me to let you know that he is in the
hospital.  I took him to emergency early Tues. morning.  They are currently
testing him to determine if he suffered a blood clot in the lower part of
his aorta or if he experienced a "spontaneous spleenic infarction'.  He
will have an angiogram tomorrow.  He will e-mail ypu when he is released
which may not be before Monday.