Anyone with specs for old Hitachi components?

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Sat Nov 4 00:18:12 GMT 2000

Thanks to all for the suggestions!  Perhaps I should have been a bit more
clear in my original post ... I do know that the part is not a ROM device of
some sort as there is a 2764 or 27128 device on the board.  I really doubt
that EEPROM devices were available for general manufacture back in the early
to mid '80s in any event.  No problem though, I welcome all hunches or leads
I can get, and appreciate the folks who are taking time to help!

I suspect this part is likely to be a companion chip to the microprocessor
... having I/O ports, timers, interrupt controller, perhaps a small bit of
RAM and maybe even an A/D converter (given the application).  While I can't
seem to find it in the Hitachi nerd novels I've dug up, the fact that I've
seen the part used on several different versions of the controller box
(dating from the mid to late '80s) I thought that perhaps there would be a
data sheet with a register map somewhere out there ...

Thanks again!
Steve Buchholz