Ignition Only

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Nov 7 03:11:24 GMT 2000

> The 730's cousin, 749, was used with a DIS equipped quad 4 engine
and
> auto trans in some Pontiac and Oldsmobile cars.
> Shannen

Has anyone on the list been able to get DIS working with 749 turbo
sunbird/Syclone ECM/MEMCAL?  I have seen the references in the
archives, but no one has been able to figure it out yet, apparently.

Aside from simplicity and reliability, is there a measureable
advantage to running DIS vs. just dizzy, assuming, of course, both are
ECM controlled?

I am still searching for GM Turbo Sunbird goodies.  If anyone knows of
the whereabouts of an ECM and harness, I would be appreciative of an
email.  I read more of the archives and the P4 document, and am
starting to become confident I might actually be able to install GM FI
on my car, as opposed to going with aftermarket.  Many questions to
follow.

Regards
Jay