Anyone with specs for old Hitachi components?

Buchholz, Steven Steven.Buchholz at kla-tencor.com
Tue Nov 7 20:44:44 GMT 2000

Well, I have the device specs for the HD63B03X and the 46508 ... and have
been hacking on an old 6802/6809 disassembler to work on the HD6303
instructions.  Since the disassembler was written by someone else I would
prefer to get his approval before distributing it, but if there is any
interest I'll get that and make the source available ... actually, he has
made it available via a website ... here are his comments:

====================
The first step was of course to secure a disassembler so I could take a look
at the stock/factory programming. Looking around, I didn't see any handy
Motorola m6800 disassemblers (I didn't look all that hard, but I did look),
so I set out to write my own disassembler. I quickly determined that trying
to correlate a bunch of hand-written "observations" with the disassembler
output was a lost cause, so I "enhanced" my disassembler to become what I
term an Annotating Disassembler. This way, as I figure things out, I can
"comment" the disassembly source directly, making for much easier reading.
If anyone else out there is, um, er, determined, yeah, determined is a
polite word, determined enough to want to do their own hacking on the
6800-family of Audi ECUs, here is my Annotating m6800 Disassembler [92KB]
package:

	http://www.tiac.net/users/rdh/http/Urq/d68c-uue.txt

It is a uuencoded compressed tar file. For the cybercrud-impaired, that
means it is a Unix-style file archive, compressed to save space (and so very
much akin to zipped files in the PC world), then re-encoded in printing
ASCII format to make it safe to email (historically, there have been many
mail systems that trashed non-ASCII files...). The last time I tried to
compile it was on a Sun SPARCstation running Solaris 4.x (read: quite a
while ago). At least one fellow PCized it, but I've lost track of both it
and him, so all I have is the Sun/Unix version of the source. I don't even
know if it will compile successfully on a fully ANSI/Posix-complaint system.
Caveat Emptor!
====================

The gentleman who created this disassembler is named Robert Houk.  I started
by trying to modify the code to incorporate the HD6303 stuff, but there are
some conflicts with the 6809 stuff that is in there.  I've started to make
the disassembler a bit more general purpose, as I have both 6802 and 6303
processors to do, but it is looking like some more restructuring of the code
will be in order ...

I don't know what format would be best to transfer the datasheets if you are
interested in getting them.  I have a scanner at home, so I should be able
to get them to you electronically.  Is this the sort of thing to put on the
DIY-EFI FTP site?

HTH!
Steve Buchholz
San Jose, CA (USA)