Ignition only

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 8 03:01:05 GMT 2000

Distributor ignitions usually to have 2 sparks for an ignition event (or
spark event in the combustion chamber), as conventionally executed.
There are a few exceptionss to that.
I've seen a single coil per cylinder distributor done by Smokey Yunick.
If we want we can get into the real obscure, there were v8 that used
convention coils in pairs using distributors, that again were single spark
per spark event (meaning in the combustion chamer).  So the sparks were
totally and completely isolated.

A DIS only ***needs*** one spark (for a spark event).  Hence one less air
gap / spark.  So there is only one spark NEEDED for a DIS for an in cylinder
air gap, which is one less then 2.  Someone want to check my math?.

Or while supressed we can consider the spark of the points in a distributor,
since noone specified an none point distributor.  Which would mean 3 sparks,
per event and then my statement reguardless of how you nit pik it still
stands.

Now should we consider the air gaps and hence sparks in the resistor spark
plugs where they show no continunuty at times?.

How far do we need to split hairs?.
Never mind

Ooops meant to hit delete off list
Bruce