Dummy spit

Chris P. cp914 at lvcm.com
Wed Nov 8 22:24:00 GMT 2000

> And don't say no one threw you a bone. I saw some replies to your original
> post.

First one was a sales pitch for an Austrailian ECU. The following 4 were
So not even a sliver from a bone.... and I find responses posted on and
never relating to the subject extremely rude behavior, especially to a group
newbie.

> Perhaps if you had mentioned what engine/car your ECU was from I (and
> maybe a few others) might have helped a bit. Yes it's hard to get info on
> Nissan ECU's - I have been looking for over 3 years now with little
success.
> Most of what I have achieved is from my own hacking. Don't expect people
> on a list to interrogate you for details. The more info you provide for
us, the
> easier it is for us to help you _and_ the more likely you'll get an
answer.

I kept the questions generic because I seriously doubted anybody else would
be nutty enough to work on a VG30E MPI truck(US). I also thought it bad form
to throw out a bunch of numbers and chip discriptions hoping someone could
point out the "important" one. I also didn't know resources for
accomplishing such a task is so limited and specialized. I was also
expecting a few "go here, read this" responses. This group obviously thinks
differently than my car groups.
And if the group doesn't like newbie questions then someone should devote
some time to a FAQ page on the DIY-EFI site. Would save alot of your
"precious" bandwidth for the _regulars_ tantrums.

Chris P, newbie w/ non-engineer attitude. :o)