SV: Virus allert!

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Nov 10 14:41:08 GMT 2000

 Thanks Espen, I got and caged the virii. In case anyone is wondering why I like virii or what a zoo is, the programing on most virii is very interesting. some of the virus writers do in 100 bytes what some take many Kbyte to do.
 The zoo is a w95 machine that I use for testing, the filesystem is all backed up onto a cdrom, I can infect, monitor then wipe the system clean. It takes about 10 minutes to rebuild the system!

Previously, you (espen hilde) wrote:
{ hi!
{ The first virus I had..
{ I tought the virus  was gone, but it was not....
{ Got the update from Norton and it found the virus ,a worm.
{ But I could not delete the infected file because it was in use in windows.
{ The virus was found at C:\Windows\inetd.exe
{ Had to cut windows start up and start pc in DOS to delete the file.
{ Espen
{
{
{ To unsubscribe from diy_efi, send "unsubscribe diy_efi" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org
{

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8