Ignition only (bwa-ha-haaaaa...!)

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 12 01:09:18 GMT 2000

Dave Williams tapped away at the keyboard with:

> -> I'm thinking the SAE probably has reams of stuff about spark systems
> -> - with pictures? Anyone see any nice references they'd like to share?

>  naca.larc.nasa.gov; the dollars of the American taxpayer doing
> something useful, for a change.  Also lots of stuff on combustion, fuel
> injection, and so forth.  And for those with a letch for the exotic,
> lots of declassified Cold War goodies; anyone up for boron-magnesium
> slurry fuels?  How about half a dozen papers on how to make your own
> mass air meters, or measurement of combustion pressure?  How about
> algorithms for a MAP system with AFR trimmed by exhaust back pressure?
> Dozens - literally - of papers on supercharger design and construction.
> Fuel chemistry.  And, yes, ignition...
>
>  That site was like a peek at the Promised Land; the top of my modem
> took on a definite concave curve, and I filled half of a 10Gb drive.  I
> wanted to make sure I got everything useful before some bureaucrat
> decided it was a waste of money and pulled the plug.

[snip]

You're a very wicked man!  :-)

Let's see 5GB @ 33kbps? Only 420 hours... better not.
It also exceeds my quota of 250MB/month by a "small" margin.

You're obviously well-connected.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |