OBDII DAQ Equipment

Andrew Theurer andrewt at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 14 20:59:15 GMT 2000

> Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 11:54:00 -0500
> From: "Robert Wimmer" <WIMMERR at gunet.georgetown.edu>
> Subject: OBDII DAQ Equipment
>
> I'm looking for a recommendation on a low cost laptop based OBDII data
acquisition system (such as Autotap).  I would like to purchase one that can
handle all three communication protocols.  Since I intend to do most of the
data manipulation via spreadsheet, a software package with a lot of
bells-and-whistle is unnecessary.

I've been pretty happy with Autotap.  They also sell the OBDII to serial
cable seperately, if you want to venture writing your own software.

-Andrew