DIY EGOR plans

NickG nikog at mediaone.net
Wed Nov 15 01:39:09 GMT 2000

I've been looking over the plans of the DIY EGOR tonight (thanks Bruce!).
I'll throw some questions/comments out regarding it:

1) it looks like the circuit needs a positive AND negative voltage supply
(+2.5v and -2.5v relative to ground). I'm thinking of either using a 555
timer or an astable oscillator to make a switching power supply using a
small transformer. Comments? Easier methods?

2) In the Data(2) sheet of the UEGO Data spreadsheet has some conflicting
information. Cells G6-G20 go from negative to positive voltage (as the
mixture gets leaner), while cells D31-D44 go from positive to negative
voltage as the mixture gets leaner. Which is correct?

Thanks,
Nick