More DIY EGOR

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 16 04:35:22 GMT 2000

Here's is some more info..
If you go experimenting on you own, be sure not to let the heater warm too
quickly it can crack the inner workings of  the sensor

And again please post here rather then email me.
Cheers
Bruce

 > For the heater I have the resistance's  over a range of temps . All this
equipment has up to date >calibrations The oven used is a lab quality Blue M
oven. It has accuracy of +- 2 C  so please   >remember some error in reading
is the fluctuations in temperature in chamber over time and >remember +-2C
this would be worse case. I took this data to verify that my soft start
would
> work and not kill the heater and it looks that it will be ok.  The data
can be charted and a equation >can be generated so you can project the
resistance at any temperature . This means you can use it >as a EGT sensor
as well. I can graph this data as well and give you the equation.  I don't
think this
>data is much help but it fills a hole in the spec. of this sensor.  Note
each reading had 1/2 hour to >stabilize and with a weight of 90 grams and
using the rule of thumb of 1 hour per lb . It was given >more than enough
time to stabilize.