Hoax - Virus warning.

944 at technologist.com 944 at technologist.com
Mon Nov 20 22:08:31 GMT 2000

 FROM: Symantec AntiVirus Research Center

 "California IBM Hoax
The following messages have been sent out by email. They are both copies of
the same hoax. This "virus" does not exist.

The hoax messages includes the following "warning":

Another new virus has been discovered. It arrives in an e-mail titled
"California IBM". Microsoft has announced that it is very bad, worse than
"Love Letter". There is no remedy or cure. It will consume all the
information in the hard drive, and will destroy Netscape Navigator and
Microsoft Internet Explorer. Do not open anything with this title, and pass
this message on to your e-mail contacts. Right now not many people know
about this, so please pass it on as quickly as possible. "

FR Wlk