somebody help me detect knock

Jamie jhosick at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 21 05:48:22 GMT 2000

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C05354.AE35E5E0

I want to throw together a knock sensor for my mustang.  I have no =
experience with them at all.  Anybody know how I should go about this?  =
What sensor, where to mount it, how to hook it up etc.  I was thinking =
about rigging it up to kill the power to the MSD box.

Next spring I'll be well past the point where knock not only blows the =
gasket or pistons, but could split the block.  I'm moving to a T-Trim =
with new heads and custom cam.  Add the EEC tuner to the mix and I'm a =
keystroke away from accidentally killing the fresh motor. =20

Even a suggestion as to which sensor I should use and possibly a data =
sheet for it would be helpful. =20

Thanks for any help.

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C05354.AE35E5E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I want to throw together a knock sensor =
for my=20
mustang.&nbsp; I have no experience with them at all.&nbsp; Anybody know =
how I=20
should go about this?&nbsp; What sensor, where to mount it, how to hook =
it up=20
etc.&nbsp; I was thinking about rigging it up to kill the power to the =
MSD=20
box.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Next spring I'll be&nbsp;well past the =
point=20
where&nbsp;knock not only blows the gasket&nbsp;or pistons, but could =
split the=20
block.&nbsp; I'm moving to a T-Trim with new heads and custom cam.&nbsp; =

Add&nbsp;the EEC tuner to the&nbsp;mix and I'm a keystroke away=20
from&nbsp;accidentally killing the fresh motor.&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Even a suggestion as to =
which&nbsp;sensor I should=20
use and possibly a data sheet for it would be helpful.&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for any =
help.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C05354.AE35E5E0--