milage indicator

Jeroen Proveniers J.Proveniers at orga.nl
Thu Nov 23 11:44:04 GMT 2000

Hello,

I want to have a (accurate) milage indicator in my new car (Ford Sierra 2.0i
'92). I don't want to use flowmeters (I'd need two, supply and return)
because these are quite expensive, and I don't want to cut into fuel lines
anyway.
So I figured that I could measure the injector pulsewidths. The indicator
would need the following parameters of the injectors:
-turn on time
-flowrate
-flowrate versus battery voltage

So the circuit must measure the battery voltage and time the injector
pulsewidth.
The car is a four cylinder with two banks of two injectors (there is no
seperate starting injector). For most accurate metering I would need to
measure both banks.

Would this work?

JJ