DIY WBO2 Sensor circuit and EGT measurement

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Thu Nov 23 14:26:34 GMT 2000

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 23:37:32 +0800 (WST)
> From: Bernd Felsche <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>
> Subject: DIY-EGOR ideas (was: No Subject)
>
> Jörgen Karlsson tapped away at the keyboard with:
>
> > I have been thinking...
>
> That's a good start. :-)
>
> > I think that the obvious choice is to use a Atmel microcontroller,
> > these are as inexpensive as the cheaper PICs and have the
> > performance of the most expensive ones. They are made to be
>
> My choice as well. You may have seen my proposed circuit at
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~metapro/bernie/tech/EFI/vapour/DDL.html

Hi Bernd,

Your circuit is also a great start;  nice WEB page.  I have a Lawicel
Startkit with two CANDIP processors here that have been looking for a
project. (Check out  www.candip.com )  One of the projects was a 4 channel
EGT sender on to CAN bus and the other would implement the WBO2 sensor.  I'm
waiting for the C compiler to arrive and then some free time for creating
the EGT sensor package.

The CANDIP processors also use the ATMEL device but include a SJA1000 CAN
device and RS232 drivers, and as my Honda Aircraft Engine Ignition
controller reports and gets diagnostic information via CAN it only makes
sense for me to use that as the core processor.  With the CANDIP extended
temperature is not an issue and since it has the ATMEL, CAN with driver and
RS232 with driver all on a 28 pin DIP footprint it can be easily prototyped
into a small weatherproof box.

I will publish all software for the WBO2 sensor.

John Dammeyer