milage indicator

Brian Warburton BrianWarburton at compuserve.com
Thu Nov 23 14:24:42 GMT 2000

If you want to re-invent the wheel and start from scratch it is of course
your choice, but there is no way Ford produced a different EEC set up for
the Dutch market compared to the rest of Europe. If it's an 83-US 8v or 16v
2.0L DOHC, its an 83-US 8v or 16v 2.0L DOHC no matter what country or
market it was sold into.

If you want to try hanging a scope on the Self-test Output pin (without
grounding the St-In !) I think you'll find a pulse train where the number
of pulses relates directly to the fuel being used. For reference, I think
the STO/Trip pin number is pin 17.

Regards, Brian

P.S. Pin 17 works for most European EEC-iv modules from the 1.1CFI upwards.