DIY-GOR ideas (was: No Subject)

944Technologist f_wilk at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 23 18:56:32 GMT 2000

> Not everyone feels comfortable with analog electronics, at least I don't!
> That is why I want to go digital imediately.
>

> Jorgen

A digital EGOR will work better than an analog EGOR? No! Never happen. It
will just cost more.

If you feel the need to add hundreds of dollars to the design and hundreds
of hours of your time to the design go ahead. When you are done, it won't
work any better than a purely analog design does. It won't change the fact
that it is an analog sensor and requires analog buffers to make it work.
Adding digital controls because you don't understand analog makes no sense
and you don't have a chance to make anything work. You are still going to
have to learn some analog in order to modify someone else's analog design to
make it digital.

When you are done with  the digital version, all you can say is you
"understand it better". It is not going to work any better....... So why
bother.

FR Wilk