DDL (was: DIY-GOR ideas)

944Technologist f_wilk at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 06:34:55 GMT 2000

From: "Bernd Felsche" <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>
> Where is the data to support that those sensors can't be driven
> pulse-mode? Is there a published paper/patent on the effect of
> ion-diffusion in pump cells somewhere which examines the effect?

Sorry Bernd....... Pulse width modulation is an analog process. Not digital.
Hanging digital controls on another analog process does not make it a
digital process.

Good luck with your design. For your information, it is impossible to
measure voltage, resistance and current with a computer. You need precision
resistors, constant current sources, op amps, and analog to digital
conversion (A/D). You will need a shit load of A/D and D/A converters to
make this work. When it is done, you will still have a computer interfaced
to a whole lot of analog circuitry. If you can design this without a single
op amp or a single A/D converter, I will be the first to say I was wrong.

FR Wilk