O2 voltages

Gerald Pelnar wd0fyf at mpks.net
Wed Oct 4 00:12:51 GMT 2000

> From: Bob Cunningham <bobc at shell2.tiac.net>
> To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> Subject: Re: O2 voltages
> Date: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 11:04 AM
>
> As I understand, a 16:1 combustion wouldn't be as "efficient" as a
14.7:1,
> and I'd be curious to see comparative injector duty cycles at the
two A/F
> ratios.

Assuming we are talking about light cruise.
Both torque and brake specific fuel consumption will drop. Resulting
in slightly less power and better fuel economy. Injector duty cycle
should be nearly proportional (14.7/16).

> In other words, do you wind up putting extra fuel in because of the
loss
> in efficiency when running on the lean side?  I would think you'd
also
> have to pull back on the timing.

No, the whole point would be to reduce fuel consumption. Why add
fuel.
I see no reason why the point of minimum advance for best timing
would change under light cruise.

> (If not, I'm gonna play with my new speedpro to get up to 15.5:1 or
so...)

> -Bob Cunningham

Gerald Pelnar
wd0fyf at mpks.net