looking for air bypass solenoid

Aribert_Neumann at magna.on.ca Aribert_Neumann at magna.on.ca
Tue Oct 10 18:38:13 GMT 2000

I am looking for an economically priced air bypass solenoid.  I would consider
either one that operates with a uniform voltage (on/off) or one that is capable
of using a variable voltage that would yield proportional air bypass.  Is there
anything that was used domestically - Ford, GM or Chrysler -  that I could pick
up from my local auto supply store?  Maybe such a solenoid was used for A/C (on)
idle control?  My knowledge of available sensors / solenoids is very limited.  I
am looking to add the equivalent of an electric choke to my Motronic M1.5
adaption to an Isuzu 2.3L to increase the rpm for the first few minutes of
operation.

If so, year range, engine family and model of the potential donor vehicle
please.  Thanks in advance.