looking for air bypass solenoid

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Tue Oct 10 22:46:40 GMT 2000

Try looking in the junkyard for these. Especially try cars like VW's, BMWs, Volvos, and Saabs. I have seen a bunch of bypasses on these. I have one to play with whenever I get around to my anti-lag experiment.
12v opens, no power allows it to spring closed. Just use an orifice to control the amount of air. Most of these have 5/8" hose barbs on them.

Dennis

--- Aribert_Neumann at magna.on.ca
> wrote:
>

>I am looking for an economically priced air bypass solenoid.  I would consider
>either one that operates with a uniform voltage (on/off) or one that is capable
>of using a variable voltage that would yield proportional air bypass.  Is there
>anything that was used domestically - Ford, GM or Chrysler -  that I could pick
>up from my local auto supply store?  Maybe such a solenoid was used for A/C (on)
>idle control?  My knowledge of available sensors / solenoids is very limited.  I
>am looking to add the equivalent of an electric choke to my Motronic M1.5
>adaption to an Isuzu 2.3L to increase the rpm for the first few minutes of
>operation.
>
>If so, year range, engine family and model of the potential donor vehicle
>please.  Thanks in advance.

==
Dennis Doza II

87 Shelby Charger Black/Silver
15.8 at 88mph-Mine

87 Shelby Charger Garnet/Silver 12.44 at 108.96mph-Dad's

91 Dakota 2.5/5spd Gray
-My other one

http://204.50.82.80/gwneon/memb/dennisd.htm