virus from a few days ago.

Ivan mjvn1598 at mjvn.co.za
Fri Oct 13 04:22:08 GMT 2000

Hello,
I am sorry about the virus that was posted, and I don't feel good about fact
that
we must waste time on reding this e-mail.
In fact I was warried to send any more messages because
I was not sure if it was cleaned of my computer.
More about the virus for anyone that cares to read:
    Wscript.KakWorm
    VBS.KakWorm spreads using Microsoft Outlook Express. It attaches itself
to all     outgoing messages via the Signature feature of Outlook Express
and Internet             Explorer newsgroup reader.

    The worm utilizes a known Microsoft Outlook Express security hole so
that a viral     file is created on the system without having to run any
attachment. Simply reading         the received email message will cause the
virus to be placed on the system.

    Microsoft has patched this security hole. The patch is available from
Microsoft's         website. If you have a patched version of Outlook
Express, this worm will not             work automatically.

So guys even if you have antivirus software it is advisable to download the
patch
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/peropsys/IE/IE-Public/Fixes/usa/Eyedog-fix/x86/q2403
08.exe
and fix Bill's Software.
Ivan