Automotive Circuit Protection

Ivan mjvn1598 at mjvn.co.za
Fri Oct 13 04:42:34 GMT 2000

Hello,
I never liked idea of installing  home made electronics boxes anywhere in
the engine bay
I have got VW Jetta A3 2.0L 16V Turbo and it doesn't matter how much heat
shielding I use, while
engine is idling to bring turbo housings temperature down sometimes you
can't even hold your hand
on the bonnet because it gets so hot.
Another point is, when you steam clean the engine can you be sure that no
water will get to pcb, I have
seen some people use silicone to fill the entire box, but I am not sure how
good it is, because silicone
may be conductive.
So what I had to do is make sure all the wires are long enough to install
your box in cool dry place (sounds like medicine storage instructions).
Ivan