Ignition system for E6S-8

James Ballenger vtjballeng at yifan.net
Wed Oct 25 04:14:08 GMT 2000

	I have a 4 cylinder engine that I have swapped a Haltech E6S-8 to.
I am in a bit of a bind for the ignition system however;  I would like to
run a Direct Fire ignition with 2 waste spark coils.  The Haltech apparently
cannot drive the coils directly and the manual suggests Bosch ignition
drivers pt # 1 227 022 008.  I am assuming I would need two units, one to
drive each coil.

	My question is this:  Does anyone have a recommendation as far as
the ignition coils and drivers are concerned?  Are there other units which
would work well in this situation (I will be revving to 13500 rpm)?  I do
not want to make any custom units and would like to find the cheapest way to
buy these coils and drivers.  I have also tenatively ruled out Denso (coil
per plug with integrated drivers?) because I only have two output channels
on the Haltech for ignition and running them in parallel would take more
energy (maybe?) because the 2 coils would fire a full charge every 180
degrees rather than a full spark on one cylinder and partial spark on the
other cylinder at TDC (waste spark).

	I have been looking at buying the Bosch units (which are apparently
$130 each) does anyone know of a dealer for these?  I have also been looking
at the Electromotive coils (similar to GM coils) that are $65 each.

All opinions are welcome,
Thank you,
James Ballenger