Lucas injectors

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Sat Oct 28 02:15:12 GMT 2000

Ford sells FFV Taurus's right now off the lots here in Missouri. 2000-2001 models

Chrysler used to have FFV 3.8 Vans and FFV 2.2/2.5 Spirits and Acclaims. If anyone finds one of these 2.2/2.5 FFV cars, I need some parts off of one!

Would an alc injector, say that big nasty 160#er for a Crown Vic work with regular gasoline?

Dennis

--- "Walter Sherwin" <wsherwin at home.com>
> wrote:
>Yup.  Most of the OE's at one time or another have offered flex-fuel
>variants of their products.  Although, volumes were low, and boneyard
>populations may be correspondingly low also.  But, you could always get
>friendly with your local parts counter dude and then track down "new"
>injectors if so desired.  On the GM side, look for meth/eth Luminas, or eth
>S-10's, or Brazil applications.  On the Ford side, look for eth Crown Vic's
>and some eth trucks.  I'm sure there are others as well.  All should be well
>spelled out in the parts computers/catalogues.  In upcoming years, more and
>more OE's will be offering garden variety vehicles designed to run on E85,
>so the sources of alky tolerant used parts should improve dramatically.
>
>In an older post, someone mentioned that the Crown VIC uses a 160 #/Hr alky
>tolerant port injector in some 4.6litre applications.  Bosch style EV-3,
>Bosch # 0 280 150 839, Ford # F5TE-B5A.  Might be a good substitute for the
>currently horrifically priced aftermarket & Bosch Racing equivalents.  Not
>sure if it's SAT or P&H, but I'd assume P&H.
>
>Walt.
>

>> Do any of these stainless (alky resistant" injectors come
>> in OEM passenger car applications?  Sounds like good boneyard hunting.
>> Mike V

==
Dennis Doza II

AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com

Half.com the hottest site for DVDs, CDs & more! Get $5 off your 1st
purchase of $10 or more. http://ads.adflight.com/mach1.asp?a=19061&b=46867&c=3094