Sequential vs Batch Fire

dennis spoolboy at autospeed.com
Sat Oct 28 03:49:46 GMT 2000

Ok, time for my dumb questions:

Why do you need a larger injector with sequential?

What is the path that fuel takes on a batch fire engine?

Do cylinders rod each other for fuel?

Help me visualize what happens with the fuel in a batch fire set-up.

The more I think about it, the more I think batch fire has to be really sloppy.

Dennis

--- "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>
> wrote:
>> > For sequential injection you need big injectors as all the fuel has to
>go
>> > through an open valve.
>>
>> Depends, on some engines the injector fires at a closed valve.
>> The intake valve is only open for about 25% of one
>
> revolution
>
>replace with engine cycle  arrgh
>
>, so when the
>> DC exceeds 25% then your shooting at a closed valve anyway.  Actually in
>
>some
>
>replace with SEFI
>
>strategies the you have 2x as much time to fire the injector, then in
>> say batch fire where all injectors fire 1x per crank revolution.
>>
>> >  Does using big flow injectors have an adverse impact
>> > on the efficiency of fuel atomisation and controlability at idle?
>>
>> generally is getting so large that you can't cycle them fast enough at
>idle
>> to get them lean enough for a nice ideal.
>>
>> > I have heard for instance that with my car (365cc/min stock injectors)
>> that
>> > someone using 550cc injectors (big h.p. application)  could not get a
>> smooth
>> > idle, -mind you that was with a 2-batches of 2 injectors E.F.I setup (on
>> > 1600cc 4cyl supercharged engine).
>>
>> I've heard as a rule of thumb that injector flow should not exceed
>cylinder
>> displacement.  Sounds like staged injectors, or a high rate Fuel
>Management
>> Unit
>
>is needed
>
>Apologies
>Bruce
>
>> Bruce
>> >
>> > Nick Parker.

>> quotes)
>> > in the body of a message (not the subject) to
>majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org

==
Dennis Doza II

AutoSpeed - The World's Best High Performance Online Magazine
http://www.autospeed.com

Half.com the hottest site for DVDs, CDs & more! Get $5 off your 1st
purchase of $10 or more. http://ads.adflight.com/mach1.asp?a=19061&b=46867&c=3094