Sequential vs Batch Fire

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Oct 29 00:59:18 GMT 2000

> I didn't fully explain these details b/c I didn't feel they were
necessary.
> High impedance injectors (saturation) have an opening time of ~ 1.2-2 ms.

Odd, I've had them running at .9msec (OEM GMs), less then that, they go
erratic for an instant, then stop.

> will be using Low impedance injectors (peak and hold) which have an
opening
> time of ~.3-1.2 ms (large variance due to a lot of different information I
> have gotten from manufacturers).

Can't see that as being a univerally true figure.

> As far as closing time is concerned, I never got a figure for that.
> Assuming .5ms, does the ECU stop the current to them .5ms early or is this
> just added on to the existing pulsewidth values of most ECUs, unbeknownst
> most people?

Hard to tell what most folks know <g>..  I haven't seen anything in GM stuff
where is says add this much time for closing delay.
They do use a operating voltage correction, thou
Bruce