Bosch vs. other make injectors

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Oct 29 20:04:26 GMT 2000

> While we are on the subject of injectors, I want to throw out another
> question.  I am getting ready to do my fuel injection project.  I have
> decided my relative ineptitude with GM ECMs and how to decode the
> assembly language would make me better suited for aftermarket FI.
> Prices are starting to slowly drop on some of the simpler systems.

With the editors, and hacs, would could you be missing.  Heck there are even
free editors.  These aftermarkets, how much, and if it goes south what do
you do?.

> Anyway, SDS recommends Bosch or Nippondenso injectors, since they are
> less prone to fouling and clogging.  Before this, I was prepared to
> grab a set from a GM or Ford.  Any comments on quality or design?

Like they know more then GM?.
I doubt it,  so they happen to sell injectors?
99% of the time, the fuel is just sprayed at a closed valve, so pattern cone
size, yada yada is really over hyped in my book......

>I understand Ford Mustang injectors are Bosch-made, and are a perfect
> match for my needs, so this may work out well.
> It seems SDS is having a group buy, so if anyone was/is thinking about
> SDS, this is the time to buy.  The discount was enough bait for me.

Just makes ya wonder if they are discontinuing a certain model, and what
will future support be for it.  I'd like to know how many PO'd Fueltronic
ecm owners there are.

> autospeed.com does have some injector flow data, for anyone has not
> seen it before, but they only cover Bosch and ND injectors.
> I have learned a lot in the past few years and am rather excited to be
> soon replacing my Weber carbs with some fuel injection, finally.

Done right (with the right model, of webers) little difference in the fuel
side of things.  Timing is another matter
Bruce