6803 Disassembly

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Fri Sep 8 22:08:51 GMT 2000

Hopefully this gets through.  The server said the previous wasn't being
accepted.  My apologies if this is a duplicate.

I put a control file for the M6811DIS disassembler on the FTP site.

ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/mdis6811_6803.ctl

This was an early control file for use with a 85 GLH Omni, 2.2 turbo.
It has
the interrupt vectors and '03 IO definitions.  Sorry, no bits.

This disassembler works very well.  It seperates the code from data with
only a
few hitches - it can't figure out indexed jumps or the indexed offsets
...  I
can't imagine ANY disassembler figuring out what the person who wrote
the
software was thinking!
        (    jmp 0,x )

While the ECM is the 6803U4 , the 6811  has the same mnemonics with a
few
additions.  So, any 6811 assembler / disassembler should work as long as
you
don't use any HC11 specific instructions.

One interesting note with the 6803 is the lack of a divide instruction.
This
makes figuring out engine speed interesting to say the least.

Chad