New here and have a few Q's

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Sep 11 15:29:21 GMT 2000

Some O2 sensors (ie some Toyo) are variable resistance types.
If you read thru the archives, you get a good grasp about O2 sensors, the
types, and capabilities.  In short the oem 1-3-4 wire units are designed as
switches, period.  While once the engine is tuned they can be used as an
indicator, that's about all they can do reliably.
Bruce

I have the schematic for an AF meter on my web site.
Just go to the site in my signature and check the AF Gauge on the left side.
You don't already have an O2 sensor in your vehicle? Um.... what vehicle
would that be?
O2 sensors work like a battery, in that they actually generate electricity
as opposed to changing resistance or current or something. The AF Gauge on
my site has an input resistance in excess of 1M, which means it will not
affect the output going to any other devices.
Geoff Allan; Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1987 Chrysler Daytona Shelby Z, T2, A555, original owner
http://www.calgary-web.com/cip/ShelbyZ.html