GM ECU model/part numbers

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Sep 13 23:24:42 GMT 2000

Gwyn Reedy wrote:

> The EPROM has ACHA and 0143 as well as DELCO overprinted.
This is from a 1987 Firebird/Camaro, 305, 4bbl carburetor, 700R4
trans, 2.77 or 2.73 rear gear ratio.
The ecm # that you have is correct for the Eprom and for the 87
carbureted engine.
>These markings are
> much bolder than what I suspect is the EPROM manufacturer's ID which is:519k
> 8644 6065 06630 CE1090N.
>
> There is a metal shield over the 40 pin chip next to the EPROM (is that the
> memcal?) which has a bar code/number on it: 645036102431046
The memcal is found in 1986 and newer tuned port fi ecm's.  It is
usually a blue covered "holder" which contains an Eprom and smaller
chips for the knock senso and back up fuel logic.  There might be
better info in the FAQ.  http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/faq/

> If anyone can help me identify this I'd appreciate it. If not will visit
> local GM dealer and hope they can help.
I think we've got it pretty well covered. : )
Shannen