High Block Learn

Don Burns donburns at macconnect.com
Sun Sep 17 22:21:06 GMT 2000

TPI EFI Experts,

I am seeing a block learn value of 160 on my 350TPI. Integrator seems
reasonable running 128 to 135. The 160 block learn figure is difficult to
move, at least under no load conditions, and the only way I have been able
to force it to change (downward) is to disconnect the MAP sensor. No codes
are being set. O2 and MAP sensors are OK.

Fuel consumption sucks (12MPG), which is why I am looking at this to begin
with. Could this be an ECM problem as opposed to a sensor issue?
Thanks.

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL   USA
86GT 350 TPI