High Block Learn

Zacek DenniS bowtye8 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 22:40:22 GMT 2000

Don
A 160 BLM is saying you are running way lean and the
ECM is trying to compensate. First  Iwould try more
fuel pressure.  Maybe throw a FP guage on your window
and see if the fuel pump is ok.   Anything falling
under 38lbs its somthing is wrong. What Chip are you
running in your ECM?  Custum or stock.
what happens is the BLM tries to compensate for hte
int.  if the int is high (lean) the blm goes up to
bring the int back to 128 . 160 BLM is the max the ecm
goes to. so I would definately look into this ASAP.
How does the car run. maybe you have a serious vacum
leak.  Check the basics.
Dennis
http://geocites.com/bowtie8
--- Don Burns <donburns at macconnect.com> wrote:
> TPI EFI Experts,
>
> I am seeing a block learn value of 160 on my 350TPI.
> Integrator seems
> reasonable running 128 to 135. The 160 block learn
> figure is difficult to
> move, at least under no load conditions, and the
> only way I have been able
> to force it to change (downward) is to disconnect
> the MAP sensor. No codes
> are being set. O2 and MAP sensors are OK.
>
> Fuel consumption sucks (12MPG), which is why I am
> looking at this to begin
> with. Could this be an ECM problem as opposed to a
> sensor issue?
> Thanks.
>
> Don Burns
> Fort Lauderdale FL   USA