need datasheet/info for SpeedPro wideband sensor...

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Mon Sep 18 20:51:41 GMT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 14:51:34 -0500, "Jeff Bromberger"
<blownz at home.com> wrote:

>I have a SpeedPro bank to bank wideband system on my car. Now that my car is
>dialed in and I run in open loop mode, i'd like to be able to use my sensor
>to tune other cars that don't have the SpeedPro computer. So what I'd like
>to do is build a handheld scanner that can connect to the wideband o2 sensor
>directly and display the readings. I'm thinking that this would be a pretty
>simple app for a PIC. What I need to know is what signals/voltages will i
>see on each of the wires and how do i translate them into a "X.Y:1" a/f
>ratio?

Geez, TWO cansOworms opened up in one day. First the INJ driver
quandry, and now this. Whew, I'm gonna go hide somewhere.
[inside joke :].

>Who makes this sensor for SpeedPro and could I contact them directly
>for this technical data?

Man, I sure would. At least, asking them these questions will brace
you for the canOworms you're about to open. You might start by asking
them what's involved in cost and procedure for getting a "spare"
sensor.

Gar