need datasheet/info for SpeedPro wideband sensor...

Garfield Willis garwillis at msn.com
Tue Sep 19 00:44:59 GMT 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:18:54 -0700, romans at starstream.net (Romans,
Mark) wrote:

>I have a friend who is a Felpro dealer and if I remember correctly they use
>a honda
>wideband with a resistor that is coded to your ecm.  The 02 sensor is of
>little use
>without your ecm.  They charge a stupid amount of money to replace the
>resistor and
>since it's coded to your ecm, you can't just use any replacement Honda
>wideband, you
>have to use one you get from them.  He's been trying to figure out how to
>bypass this
>too. As far as I know it hasn't happened yet.

Actually, the last we heard from a DIY lister that has a couple of
these controllers, when you order another sensor, they send you a
"calibration diskette" that you must download to your SpeedPro SEFI8LO
controller to recal it to the new sensor. So the "cal resistor" is
actually done in software; other than that, it's pretty much as you've
described.

Gar