Holley TBI & EGR

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Sep 19 22:01:54 GMT 2000

EGR is an emission thing.
I've never found an engine to run cooler with it, course only made an issue
of it two times, and gave up trying to prove that it did work.  In Theory
should improve gas mileage, just niver found any gains.  I'm sure someone
has, just wasn't me.
  You can have a closed loop system that is running at 14.7  (***remember***
that is an average), with a small vac leak and it will *feel* like a light
miss, cure the leak an all is well.
  The reason is, jus cause, IMO.  The swing rich just isn;t rich enough to
keep the temps down, and I think there is a compression ignition issue that
starts to raise it's ugly head.  Again, IMO.
  It's seems like the GM way of richer with more timing with egr on is what
has to be
Bruce