another angle - using a NTK (honda) sensor with a speedpro

Jeff Bromberger blownz at home.com
Tue Sep 19 22:29:19 GMT 2000

OK, I've got a working speedpro computer and speedpro o2 sensor. I'd like to
run leaded gas. I've talked to a bunch of GN guys that say they can get
about 2000 miles out of one of these sensors w/leaded gas. I'd like to buy a
replacement $99 honda sensor and swap the resistor from my original speedpro
sensor into it. Wouldn't this convince the speedpro that it's still the same
sensor? doesn't everything else function the same? The motivation for this
is that I can get 110 octane leaded gas for $3.10/gallon... but the only
unleaded i can get is $3.90/gallon and it's 100 octane... So in 124 gallons
(248 miles :-) i've paid for a new sensor in gas savings... plus i've got an
extra 10 octane points as a bonus.

thanks,
jeff