SpeedPro comments

Carl Summers InTech at writeme.com
Wed Sep 20 07:14:30 GMT 2000

Hi Jeff,
      It's "nice" to hear from others that have had the interpolate prob
with the self tunes of aftermarket EFI....I don't necessarily want to look
at your code that helps with this...but I don't understand why the people
that write this stuff don't understand that if 80 kpa at x rpm is larger
than 90 kpa at the same x rpm...WRONG...SMOOTH...get a grip from another
area or stop the self tune....obviously we can't all sit at a particular
load cell.  I have never looked at the SpeedPro software(hint), but would
love to compare it to what I have seen...I worked at a company with a very
smart individual that could enable a good "self tune" strategy but it is so
many man hours away from becoming public it isn't funny.
    I admire your ability to tune, but I would like to say that the strategy
of pw vs. rpm for a nitrous engine isn't so bad considering nitrous
technology....I have been playing with nitrous for many years and although
there is a science to it...it is still based on flow and cannot be closed
loop at this time....I would love to hear arguments regarding
this....especially with EFI......I have not seen a wide band O2 correctly
measure AFR on a nitrous engine for many reasons I guess I am still
supposing about....and just so were not talking about theory I will state an
example of what I have tuned....mild 400 chev..hydraulic roller, AFR's,
Performer RPM,etc etc...331hp at the tires....on nitrous 651 at the
tires....no burned plugs, no bearing probs, no audible knock, nothing
abnormal when watching the piezo to monitor knock.  It is good to hear from
people like yourself and I mean no flame by what I am stating...this is how
we learn from each other. ttyl
-Carl Summers