UEGO and alcohol

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Sep 25 03:42:24 GMT 2000

In quick reveiw,
the engine normally is running on gasoline,
then in PE you want to add NOS, and suppliment that with alky?.

Justa couple notes
Assuming this is meant to be a serious HP engine.

That is gonna be the biggest handful to get right, that you can imagine, IMO
The ports need to be rather large to allow any air into the motor you got so
much fuel displacing the volume of air that engine can even see.
You can use a WB to monitor where your at after tuning, that is a Plug Cut
and read combo, IMO.
That, and reading the plugs is gonna give you lots of grief, unless you been
doing this before.
My suggestion is sneeking into this VERY slowly, I mean start with 25 HP,
and optimize each single step as you go.   Or use multi steps of adding the
NOS Fuel.
Chassis dyno isn't going to hold this stable long enough for the temps to
stabile to make much sense of it all anyway.

 First thing I'd do other then crossing my fingers is wire up a bunch of
EGTs.
Keep the temps low, and check the plugs very often looking for ANY
Detonation.
Just don't know how you can look for a *average* AFR that will make sense
with 2 fuels.
Bruce