GM OEM TBI up to 420hp?

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Sep 27 04:06:38 GMT 2000

Hey, long time no Z.  Lotsa new info since you've left.  Things are
more user friendly now.  Have you looked at Tunercat's site?  Or
talked to Terry Kelley?  Good editors available from both.  I like
Terry's stuff, personally.  $250-300 could get hardware and software,
if you do some shopping.  I think I'm paying $2/prom.  Maybe $1 each.
I'm not so sure, but it's cheap.  I use a place called Mentor
Electronics, in Ohio.  It was first mentioned by Mike V., a while
back.

Watch for the Edelbrock SY-1 intakes on Ebay.  They kinda come n go.
The 84 Vette has a similar manifold, but with smaller ports and single
bbl tb's.  In stock form, they're better for smaller displacement
engines.  Mine works well on a 302 chebby.

No gm vehicle has been released with a 4bbl tbi setup.  Might look at
turbo city for ideas on a dual 2bbl intake.  But don't look at the
prices unless you're sitting down.

You'll spend lotsa money to get a reprogrammable ecu, GM stuff is dirt
cheap by comparison.

I dunno about those throttle body airflow ratings, they seem a bit
optimistic.

I'd expect you to be looking for traction control. ; )
Shannen