Identify ........ BOSCH Part Numbers?

944 at technologist.com 944 at technologist.com
Sat Sep 30 21:48:25 GMT 2000

In my 1984 Porsche 944, I have what I believe is a Bosch Motronic
ML1.1...... I was surprised to find all the large digital ICs where made by
RCA when I was expecting an Intel 8051. I am assuming that this is one of
the early RCA 1802 powered Motronics. There are two 40-pin ICs and one is
the 1802. I assume the second is a 1851 "Programmable I/O Interface". Can
anyone verify this? The BOSCH part numbers are 90921 & 91122. Which is
which?

Thanks in advance,

FR Wilk
944 at technologist.com