PWM injector driver

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Apr 8 03:32:37 GMT 2001

Thanks for the excellent overview.

I have another question.

For regular EFI:

The Bosch books I have states that the injectors fire once per
crank revolution, therefore twice per power stroke.

Does the injector require synchronization with the crank?  It seems
like it would be much easier to just set up at a certain frequency
and then modulate the duty cycle.

I understand that at low RPMs, the injector might be to slow to
open for a very short duration, and it would cause the engine to run
rich, so at low RPMs, keep the duty cycle fixed, and vary the
frequency.  At higher RPMs, go up to a certain frequency, and then
modulate the squirt time with duty cycle.

So my question is: do I really need a crank signal to synchronize
TDC with my injector firing?

 Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
musician, home-brewer, entrepreneur and SINGLE!