PWM injector driver/Mechanical system

The Punisher punisher454 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 04:32:12 GMT 2001

>So my question is: do I really need a crank signal to synchronize
>TDC with my injector firing?
>
>  Brian Michalk  <http://www.awpi.com/michalk>
Tare you designing youre own system?
If you want to know what it takes for a VERY simple system to work, just
look at how a hilborn(or similar) race mechanical system works. The pump
increases flow proportional to RPM. And you have a barrel valve attached to
the throttle blades. The pump is assumed to deliver a given volume of fuel
per revolution. As RPM increase the flow increases at the same rate. For
example at 4000 rpm twice the fuel is pumped than at 2000 RPM. Its more
complicated than that but thats the basic concept. An equivelent electronic
system would pulse the injectors a given pulsewidth per revolution, and the
tps would modify the pulsewidth.
Others on this list are much more informed than I about this. But I think
firing the injectors in reference to RPM would be simpler than not.

Anybody out there..Am I right about the Hilborn FI ?